Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.
This exciting new role within James Villa Holidays, will see the right individual join the Commercial team, to use, review and enhance reporting tools and processes to assist and drive forward the commercial yield activity across all components to increment margin for the business.
A key element to the role will be to review and develop effective pricing strategies by working in partnership with the team to provide compellingly priced package holidays in a constantly evolving trading environment that balances a number of booking channels (including direct, trade and villa-only API partners)
Create new, and develop existing reports (where required) for the Commercial function to streamline processes and help achieve aggressive business targets.
To assess trends in market demand and supply, to provide robust risks and opportunity reports for Product and Commercial colleagues to address
While the role will be part of the Commercial function, this position will overlap across key departments; including Distribution, Product & Purchasing, Finance and Marketing to combine key market insight, plus ensure pricing decisions are in line with the company budget
• Working with the Commercial team seek out yield opportunities across all components by reviewing analytical tools available and working with the team to prove out theories and pricing concepts
• Build and develop compelling reports within data suites (such as Power BI / Tableau)
• Review margins being achieved across all components and ensure this is in align with the business strategy
• Assist in the planning, present and execute agreed sales strategy, budgets & targets
• Daily and weekly reporting on all Sales & Commercial activity, including competitor analysis and research
• Prepare accurate reports for distribution to senior management, including key issues/trends
• Develop and improve existing reports within the Commercial function primarily, but not limited to , as well as introducing new reports to help streamline the productively of the department.
• Help to maintain the flow of communication between key personnel and departments in order to achieve company and team/departmental objectives
• Forecast and analyse data against budget figures on a weekly/monthly basis
• Assist in channel management of villas and provide key reports to identify risk and opportunities
• Produce a monthly sales & margin report for the Commercial Management team, highlighting both increases & shortfalls and the planned pricing strategy for month ahead in order to meet and exceed dept. /company targets.
• Taking initiative to streamline the processes and working methods within the Commercial department, ensuring the department is as efficient as possible.
• Maintain a professional working relationship throughout with colleagues and suppliers
• Good knowledge and on-going awareness of competitor activity and pricing policies
• Flexibility on working hours, which may include evening and weekend work
• Strong commercial and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
• Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to take the initiative and make decisions quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill across all levels of the business
• Good time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• A competent and confident presenter to both senior/junior audiences
• Creative problem-solving skills
• A strong leader with the ability to work within a team or on individual projects and tasks
• Committed to personal and professional development
• Excellent customer focus and someone who can work well in a team
• The ability to set, meet and exceed targets
• Strong numerical skills
• Proficient in use of MS Excel (VLOOKUP/SUMIF/pivot table and charts)
• Proficient in use of report tools such as Power BI / Tableau
• Strong analytical and commercial acumen
• Strong reporting capabilities
• Effective communicator
• Ability to interrogate and decipher data
• Ability to turn data into useful metrics and charts
• A passion for and knowledge and experience of the Travel Industry
• Knowledge of yield management based on experience to maximize revenue and achieve the companies targets for occupancy and profit is essential
• Ideally educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent)
• Ability to work on individual tasks plus present and deliver findings to the team